1.5.16

The Empties


Sunday often rhymes with cleaning day for me.
Today I've been clearing out the finished product collecting dust around my bathroom and bedroom vanity, and I thought I'd share with you the aftermath of my empties hunt. From haircare to perfume, make-up and skincare, here are 6 products I recently finished : did I enjoy using them and would I repurchase them ? Are here my thoughts.

 1) Zoella Beauty Soak Opera

I purchased this bath soak / shower cream a while ago when it came out, because I was excited to test out Zoella's beauty range and this product seemed right up my street. Unfortunately I didn't have a bath so I didn't use it that much, finding it a bit too bulky for in-shower use. However I immediately loved the fresh, delicate and feminine scent and the smooth feeling it left on my skin. 
At the beginning of April, my husband and I move into a new apartment, with a nice bath : I've been rediscovering this bath soak over the past 3 weeks in my much appreciated new Saturday night baths. It helped my unwind and relax at the end of the week and created some great foam !
I might buy it again, and even sooner than planned because it's currently on a 30% sale on Feel Unique ! Deal !

2) Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with rose petals

I think I got this travel-size Nuxe Micellar cleansing water in one of my monthly Birchboxes. I took it with me on holiday last week, because I know I can always rely on Nuxe products to do the job, and the mini size made it travel friendly. 
I have to say I'm not a massive fan of rose-scented products, so although this micellar water is quite efficient at removing my make-up and cleansing my face, I wouldn't say it's my favourite. I enjoyed using it but probably would not repurchase it immediately, just because there are other micellar waters out there that I like a little bit more.

3) Avene Micellar Lotion

Speaking of micellar waters that I love, the Avene one is up there on the podium with the Bioderma one for me. It's great at removing make-up, even the most hardcore waterproof mascara, and I find that it's the most gentle on my skin. Its paraben-free formula doesn't irritate my eyes, it doesn't have a strong scent, is very efficient and quite easy to find in French pharmacies or online. A winner in my book ! 
I will repurchase it, as soon as I run out of the pile of other cleansers waiting in my bathroom :)

4) Maybelline New-York Lash Sensational Mascara

This mascara has been raved about for months in the beauty blogging world, and I remember finally giving in the hype last year, after watching Gabby (aka Velvet Gh0st) applying it and talking about it in many videos (such as herehere or here). 
I wasn't too sure I liked it on first impression, finding it VERY wet and a bit messy (but maybe that's my lack of applying skills). Since I wasn't going to throw it away after only a few uses, I persevered and tried it again a couple of weeks later. It had dried out a little and felt much better on my lashes : very lengthening, giving amazing separation and definition, as well as boosting the volume like crazy. I suddenly understood the hype and used it everyday for months. I like it so much that I waiting this long to throw it away !
I'm sad I ran out but will repurchase it without a doubt. To be honest (warning : bold claim), it's the best drugstore mascara I've tried in years.

 5) Davines OI Condioner 

Davines is one of those brands I've discovered though reading beauty blogs and watching Youtube videos : never really know what to expect but curious to try it.
One sleepless winter tuesday night, I found myself browsing the Birchbox website and a week later, discovered this round little black tub waiting in my mail. I was quite happy I gave it a go, because although on the pricier side, this hair conditioner is worth every penny.
I used it every time I shampooed for about 3 months, and noticed such a difference in my hair. It felt super soft and shiny, without getting greasy of heavy. But more importantly, my hair looked really healthy, and I had several people complimenting me on my hair - which very rarely happens, trust me. 
It's not the easiest to get hold of in Paris, but I will go the extra mile to re-order it soon because I'm seriously addicted ! It made me want to try more Davines products (watch this space for hauls and reviews!)

6) Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne

Last but certainly not least, my favourite fragrance of all times - the Blackberry & Bay Cologne from Jo Malone.
My mum introduced me to Jo Malone 5 or 6 years ago, when she put the Grapefruit Cologne on her Christmas wishlist (in my family we have this childish but sweet -and terribly convenient- tradition of writing 'letters to Santa' each year, to tell other family members what we'd like for Christmas)
I soon discovered the magical world of Jo Malone fragrances and candles and their distinct sophisticated scents. I've worn a few of their Colognes, but my signature scent for spring and summer remains Blackberry & Bay.
This 50ml bottle is sadly empty but it gives me the excuse to run back to the nearest Jo Malone counter and buy a new one! Always such an enjoyable experience, with the friendliest ladies making me discover all of their new products - but quite dangerous for the bank account !

So here are the products I've finished up lately : which ones are your personal favorites ?

8 commentaires:

  1. I must try the Blackberry and Bay cologne from JM! Her fragrances are so gorgeous!

    Carly @ www.carly-heath.co.uk

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes Carly, definitely have a sniff next time you pass by a Jo Malone store/counter ! It's gorgeous :)

      Have a nice day !
      Love, Anaïs
      xx

      Supprimer
  2. I tried the Maybeline lash sensational too and I didn't like it at first but now it's my favourite mascara. I would love if you could check out my blog.
    Lorrainedesmond.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Lorraine !
      It's funny how we both didn't like this mascara at first and ended up loving it :) Good thing we stuck with it !
      I checked you blog, and loved you Topshop haul, it made me want to try this Macaroon lipstick you bought!

      Lots of love, Anais
      xxx

      Supprimer
  3. I was on the fence about whether I should buy the Davines Oi conditioner but I think you may have convinced me to get it when I have some money! :)

    love, Jane
    marbleandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Jane ! Sorry to be that annoying enabler ;) but I'm sure you'll like it! It's a great product, worth the price tag in my opinion!
      Let me know how you get on with it if you end up buying it !

      Lots of love, Anais
      xxx

      Supprimer
  4. I love Zoella her beauty range just becaus it looks so lovely! Great post X
    www.vanityflows.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi !
      I agree, the packaging of Zoella beauty products is on point! Super cute and girly :)

      Lots of love, Anais
      xxx

      Supprimer

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS